COVID19: How to Safeguard Your Real Estate Business During Quarantine
These past few weeks have not been easy on a lot of us. With so much time indoors to think, assess, reevaluate, and plan for how COVID-19 is going to impact our personal lives and our businesses, you might be feeling a little overwhelmed. Take a breath. We are here for you. And while it may not be business as usual, we still have work to do.
Here’s a list of ways to stay occupied as a realtor during the current stay-at-home mandates.
- Revamp your social media. With so many people online right now in quarantine, it’s important that you not lose sight or hope in terms of your communications with them. Make sure your messaging is inspiring and informative. Let your buyers and sellers know that you are still working behind the scenes to make sure business is organized and that you are taking time to plan for the upcoming months.
- Educate your buyers and sellers. Business is all about relationships. Relationships matter and that is why right now more than ever it would benefit you to focus on massaging your current buyers and sellers and checking in on them. Let them know what you’re doing, and what they can honestly expect in the months ahead. Let them know whether or not your county or state is allowing showings and how you are planning for those.
- Upgrade your online tools. Now is a great time to make sure your systems and structures are in place digitally. It’s moments like these you’ll want to make sure you have your email list in order, your messaging clear, and your branding on point.
- Reach out to your support group. Whether you are part of a coaching program or are part of a networking group, right now you probably need support from each other to bounce ideas off of and feel connected. Schedule a zoom call and have a group brainstorming session.
- Organize your files. Now is an ideal time to finally organize your books, your receipts, your transactions and computer documents. Put on your favorite tunes and get to work!
Those are just a few ways we are taking advantage of this downtime and using it properly. Facts are a weapon against fear. So let us all do our best to stay calm and promote information that is useful and accurate. In the meantime, contact us if you have any questions. We are always here for you.